The pretty girl you see on the photos, is Phoebe. A few weeks ago she was brought in at our sanctuary.
They found her all alone in the bush, near a lodge. There’s not many cats around this place in the bush, apart from a few African wildcats that have been sighted. As for her looks she is expected to be their offspring.
When she was brought to us she suffered from a serious blockage. We brought her to the vet who treated her twice. After that, and with the help of a special diet to prevent more future problems, she recovered completely.
Phoebe turned out to be a very pretty and feisty girl.
We made it happen after a year of hard work preparing every detail of the huge relocation. A fresh start of the officially registered Wild Cats World Sanctuary at our own new property.
Many long drives started to move all animals and other belongings to Bela Bela, Limpopo. While all animals have settled in nicely already, still more work had to be done and feral cats to be captured and rescued.
On Monday 26 April it was the last drive and so: Mission Complete!
The many enclosures we invested in on the DCP farm, will be used by DCP; new spacy and natural camps were constructed at the new place. The 9 years in the Eastern Cape have come to an end.
Time for a new chapter in the 11 years existence of Wild Cats World.
Wild cats World is a non-profit organisation relying on the generosity of the (wild) cat enthusiasts. By sponsoring/Adopting a cat you will be a great support in the monthly expenses to give this particular cat (at our sanctuary in South Africa) the best life possible.
To sponsor a species is also possible. If you want to make a donation knowing every penny is going to the cats: this is your chance!!!
For each sponsoring/adoption:
- Mention on website/big sponsors on enclosure
- Member of the closed WCW pages on facebook Friends of/WCW leopards
- Monthly newsletter by e-mail
- Certificate by e-mail
- visit to WCW
- Various other sponsor options possible.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Wild Cats World and founder/owner Babette de Jonge has been moving heaven and earth for 11 years, to do what’s best in her power for CATS. Wild Cats, big and small, but also feral cats and domestic cats who need help.
The group of feral Cats on this picture , and many other homeless cats, benefit from her and WIld Cats World: daily care, love, food and water. Some we had sterillised, castrated and vaccinated as well. Showing the ultimate love and dedication to these animals and new ones who need to be rescued, a property was bought and a new sanctuary is started. African wildcats, black-footed cats, caracals, cheetahs, leopards, servals, domestic cats, feral cats, but also an Anatolian Shepherd dog in need of a new owner and lots of rabbits, chickens, quails have a forever safe home at the new WIld Cats World Sanctuary.
Leaving the current place, we still want to take full responsibility as for all feral cats that need our help so badly. We cannot leave them behind to die. With us They would continue to have the daily care and love, but a huge camp needs to be constructed for them. Our funds are zero now due to Covid-19 and all done so far to provide the wild Cats, big and small, with a perfect forever home and continuous care. Don’t be mistaken millions of Rands go into this “charity project”.
So, that’s why we just want to appeal to the generosity of the cat Friends…
Funds needed is 6000 euro to home approx. 20 cats
Suggestion/option as to co-sponsor this WCW feral cat project:
- 1000 euro: name 5 Cats for which you get a photo, mention on Facebook, website and enclosure.
- 2000 euro: name 10 Cats for which you get a photo, mention on Facebook, website and enclosure.
- 3000 – 6000 euro: name 20 Cats and maybe we can rescue more . Mention on Social media, website and enclosure. Free visit to see all Cats.
- smaller donation: when not enough Funds to build the enclosure, every single penny will be used to buy food for the cats.
All sponsors get the monthly newsletter and is welcome at the closed WCW FB pages.
Please Friends……we cannot leave these Cats without food, water and care.
❣️Paypal – email@example.com
South Africa: First National Bank Wild Cats World Sanctuary
Branch code: 260216
Ref: feral cats project
Europe: Stichting Wild Cats World ABN AMRO Bank
BIC code of the bank is ABNANL2A
Ref: feral cats project
Wild Cats World volunteer Sasan Amir from Germany made this incredible
video as first impression of his visit to us and our cats, and to South Africa. Starring a.o. Wild Cats World cheetahs and leopards……are you already inspired to come over? Just enjoy this amazing video.
13-02-2021: Another four leopards were taken on a long one way trip to their forever home at the new WCW sanctuary. The team made sure they were well prepared for the long trip of at least 13 hours. Three farmcats went along and some materials. The planning was to also transport servals on this trip but sadly the export permit on the Eastern Cape side did take too long.
We still have many more relocations to go. WCW is making dreams come true!!!!
The African wildcats who were relocated two weeks ago took their first steps in their new outside area, and they love it!!
We relocated our ambassador cats to the new ‘Official Wild Cats World Sanctuary’!
The first few months of this year we will be very busy relocating ambassador wild cats to the new sanctuary in Bela Bela. It is a long drive of 13 hours from the Eastern Cape to Limpopo Province. That requires lots of organising and it takes a lot of time to move everything down there.
At the new sanctuary, which will also function as the one and only Leopard Sanctuary, lots more natural space can be offered to all the cats, big and small. Our main goal remains to give them the very best of what’s in our power. Our own property with the possibility to keep on expanding is one of the reasons for the big move. Also, to give the animals a forever home. So, hopefully, this relocation will be the very last move for them!
It will be easier to live up to our mission and standards for the sanctuary:
- No Exploitation
- No Trade
- No exhibition
- No interference by humans (apart from the daily care/enrichment)
- A forever home with the best care in every way.
See the videos at the end of this article.
So far, four leopards and five African wildcats have been relocated. And in the following weeks more to come! All have settled in nicely and do enjoy the nice and quietness of their new natural habitat.
Limited volunteering program
Carefully selected volunteers
- Rehabilitation of small wildlife
- Caracal and leopard projects: helping/supporting neighbouring farms to relocate caracals, leopards or any other cats (and jackals) from their farm to a more suitable place.
- No shooting! No gin traps! No wires!
We’ll keep you updated!
- Wild Cats World can make your dreams come true!!
- Is your life long dream to start a responsible sanctuary for South African native wild cats (big and small)? Lions, leopards, cheetahs, caracals, servals, African wildcats and/or Blackfooted cats? And to give them the best life possible?
- Do you have a start-up capital of 30.000 (-50.000) euro?
- Are you able to manage a non-profit place from a distance or on site, in South Africa? With your own means, staff, animals?
- Are you able to make and maintain friendships and partnerships?
- Are you able to or willing to preferably start today than tomorrow?
- Do you know what we stand for as Wild Cats World and are you interested in our work?
WE CAN HELP YOU!!!!
Please contact me, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only serious e-mails will be taken into consideration. Please don’t make inquiries if you have to reply “no” to any of the above mentioned questions.
Please do attach a copy of your ID/Passport and a clear description why you would like to take up this challenge and why we should take you into consideration.
I am looking forward to hear from you!!!
Babette de Jonge
(Founder/Owner/exec. Director Wild Cats World)
Zwaluwlaan 110, 1403 BL
Registration no: 50983962
Contact no: +37 6 1679 8553
The Wild Cats World & Magazine team wishes you a very merry X-Mas & a
Thank you very much for your support & Please keep watching this space.
Sponsorships: Help Provide the Best Care for the small and/or big cats!
By sponsoring a small or big cat you are helping Wild Cats World to provide the very best care for all of the cats that call the sanctuary home. Sponsoring a cat by (symbolical) adoption or sponsoring a project (like the construction of camps: the bigger, the better!) is easy!!!!
The proceeds from the sponsorship program fund nutritionally balanced diets and vitamins, excellent daily care by experienced and loving caretakers, excellent veterinary care, flea/tics prevention, enrichment, support of the wild species.
For 25 euro (20 USD) a month or more you can be assured your favourite cat or species will get even better care than already is the case.
- Choose your favourite cat or species: African wildcats, Black-footed cats, Caracals, Cheetahs, Leopards and Servals. You can also support our feral cat project or Lion project.
- Make a monthly or yearly donation, or one-time donation sponsoring one project, like the construction of a huge camp.
- Write to email@example.com for more info about certain cats, species or projects.
On behalf of the cats we would like to thank you for deciding to join the Wild Cats World family by sponsoring a wild child or species.
Paypal – firstname.lastname@example.org;
Our banking details: (South Africa) First National Bank Wild Cats World Sanctuary Acc.no: 62865321592 Branch code: 260216 Ref: Donation (Name)
Banking details (Europe): Stichting Wild Cats World ABN AMRO Bank Bussum, Netherlands IBAN NL22ABNA0517247135 BIC code of the bank is ABNANL2A
Wild Cats World is officially registered as non-profit in South Africa and the Netherlands.